Register for Updates
Johnston County News
Advertise on 4042.com
Sign Up Now
Top Rated Recipes
Suggest a Recipe
Makes 8 servings Prep: 45 minutes Cook:30 minutes For Quick version: use no cook noodles use jar sauce 26oz. then continue with step 4.
12 ounces bulk Italian or pork sausage or ground beef
1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes,undrained
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 tbs. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1 tsp. crushed fennel seeds(optional)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
6 dried Lasagna noodles
1 beaten egg
1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese or 2 cups cottage cheese, drained
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
6 ounces mozzarella cheese
1. For sauce, in a large saucepan cook sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain.
2. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, seeds(if used), and black pepper into meat mixture. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and rinse with cool water, Drain well and set aside.
4. For filling, combine egg, ricotta, and the 1/4 cup of parmesan, set aside.
5. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 2Qt. rectangular baking dish. layer half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish, trimming or overlapping as ness. to fit. Spread with half of the filling. top with half of the remaining meat sauce and half of the mozzarella chesse. Repeat layers. If desired sprinkle additional Parmesean cheese over top.
6. Place baking dish on a cookie sheet Bake at 375* oven for 30 to 35 minutesor until heated through. let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Rate this recipe
Copyright © 2000-