Baby shower - 4042.com Forums

Go Back   4042.com Forums > Johnston County, NC > Discussion Group

Old 04-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
kaci

Default Baby shower

Ok girlies, need some advice. Obviously at my age of 53 none of the people my age have had babies lately & the last baby shower i threw was abt 14 years ago. Anyway, throwing a baby shower next sat for my son & dil's first baby & need to get prizes for games, decorations, etc., JAM is doing the cake for me so got that covered. Where is the best place to go for everything & what kind of prizes do i get? Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated, TIA
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
2not2

Will take a little bit to come up with some ideas, but in the meantime...I do have a coupon for 20% off Monday only @ Party City. I will be going to Garner/ White Oak in the morning after I drop the kiddos at school. Would be happy to meet you somewhere in that area, 40/42 or somewhere in between if you want the coupon.
2not2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
kaci

That would be awesome, i live in 4042, will pm u my number, thanks so much!
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
peaches

The last one I did, I bought a few cute things at Party City like balloons, banners, and a few patterned plates and napkins. Then I went to Dollar Store and bought plain colored plates and napkins to match the patterned ones. Don't know how big the shower will be but we had about 50 people attend so I was trying to save $ wherever I could! One of the younger girls planned the games for me. You can get lots of ideas online for games.

I also bought candles and some other cute things at the Dollar Store for prizes. Couple of bottles of sparkling cider. We got a nice cake, then tossed wrapped candies all over the cake table on the tablecloth to decorate it further. The kids that were there loved that. I had them all fill their pockets with candies as they left, too.

Last edited by peaches : 04-29-2012 at 09:41 PM.
peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
KellBell

Pinterest. search topic: Baby Shower Ideas. Unbelievably cute themes, games, setup, food ideas, etc,

Last edited by KellBell : 04-30-2012 at 03:45 PM.
KellBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
bandmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell View Post
Pinterest. search topic: Baby Shower. Unbelievably cute themes, games, setup, food ideas, etc,
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
wildcatmom7

Default baby shower

saw cutest thing at my step-daughters baby shower, pipe cleaners folded to look like a ring,put a lifesaver on top and gum drops on top of that looks like a pacifier.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
granola acres mayor

Send a message via AIM to granola acres mayor

Kel Bell has got the right idea! but if you still need more help feel free to call me ill incorporate Jess,lol lol
granola acres mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
LovingLife10

Disclaimer...not saying these are all GOOD ideas, just ideas that I've seen before!

One thing that I had at my baby shower that I really liked....the host gave out blank cards that everyone used to write a personal note to the baby for the baby to open and read when they got older.

Some people think it's gross, but I have been to a shower where they had numbered diapers filled with different chocolate bars, each diaper had a different candy bar melted in it. The crowd had a numbered index card they were supposed to write their guess as to what candy bar was in what diaper. Whomever got the most correct, won a little prize.

I've also been to one where the host had everyone give their best piece of advice for raising children.

Timed diaper changes on baby doll...best time wins.

Guess measurement of mother's tummy....closest wins.
LovingLife10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
kdc1970

I make a mean diaper cake. ; ) Lots of directions for those online. Cute as a centerpiece and useful later.