What Time Does Trick or Treat Start? - Page 2 - 4042.com Forums

Go Back   4042.com Forums > Johnston County, NC > Discussion Group

Old 11-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
DMJmom

Funny thread!

Actually, I had to take my kids out early, we started around 6:30 because I was going out at 8 and the sitter was coming around 7:30 so we had to be home by then. Otherwise, especially since it was a weekend night, we probably still would have started around 7 or 7:30, mostly because I don't like to be out in the dark with them if I can help it. And also the kids just can't wait any longer! But I did notice most kids started showing up right before 8 last night, and my oldest (9) did NOT want to go out as early as we did, he didn't think the trick-or-treating thing was very cool this time around...
DMJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Josey Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdaanimal View Post
Not all people know these things, as we don't all have children trick or treating age; so I guess we cannot participate. Sometimes it feels like things are big secrets on here because we are not "in the loop". I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way JMHO ~sigh
There are traditional foods we serve at Thanksgiving too. The meat is one of the most important parts of the meal, but we're not going to tell you what that is either.
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Don't tell anyone outside of the loop but I heard that Halloween will be on Oct 31st next year.
DontCareHowYouDoItInNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
Hught

In all fairness, different areas of the country have Halloween at different times.

Hales Corners, Wisconsin had Trick or Treat last Sunday, still scratching my head on that one. Couple of my nieces went around and then intended on going again elsewhere later in the week.
Hught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
OverdaRainbow

This thread reminds me... as a child we always went once it was good and dark, so I was always confused as a child why the little girl on ET (Drew Barrymore) went during daylight hours...
OverdaRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
kdc1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hught View Post
In all fairness, different areas of the country have Halloween at different times.

Hales Corners, Wisconsin had Trick or Treat last Sunday, still scratching my head on that one. Couple of my nieces went around and then intended on going again elsewhere later in the week.
That's fine, but seriously? Fussing because they feel left out of the "loop". What freaking loop? Call someone with kids if you really don't know. I'm just trying to understand what someone could have possibly gotten offended about.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
Hught

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc1970 View Post
That's fine, but seriously? Fussing because they feel left out of the "loop". What freaking loop? Call someone with kids if you really don't know. I'm just trying to understand what someone could have possibly gotten offended about.
I was more concerned about possible feedback to +VENTURE

Last edited by Hught : 11-01-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Hught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's a safe bet that Trick or Treating will be from 6-8 give or take 30 minutes pretty much everywhere. The reason it seemed too early this year is because Daylight Savings Time was changed a year or two ago. The clocks used to be set back before Halloween, making it dark at 6:00PM. If a town changed the night, the locals would know.
IMO I think it should just be moved to the last Saturday of the month every year.

I'm the only one in my loop but I still figured all this out on my own.
DontCareHowYouDoItInNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
kdc1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hught View Post
I was more concerned about possible feedback to +VENTURE
I agree with that. It wasn't the OP that made me go .
Old 11-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
crazymom2girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdc1970 View Post
The "loop" is a term used by people on here who get offended easily. This is online forum for adults for Pete's sake - not middle school.