401 Food Lion robbed! - 4042.com Forums

Go Back   4042.com Forums > Johnston County, NC > Discussion Group

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
bandmom
Senior Member
 
bandmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,529
Default 401 Food Lion robbed!

Garner Food Lion robbed
www.wral.com

Posted: 58 minutes ago
Raleigh, N.C. — Police in Garner are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Tuesday morning at a local grocery store.

Investigators said three men, one with a hand gun and another with a knife, entered the Food Lion at U.S. Highway 401 and Ten Ten Road shortly before 9:30 a.m. They fled on foot after taking cash from a couple registers.

They were last seen headed behind the Food Lion, toward Ten Ten Road.

Exact descriptions of the men, were not immediately available, but anyone with information about the robbery should contact police

Last edited by bandmom : 05-06-2008 at 12:27 PM.
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
DAH22
Senior Member
 
DAH22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,203
Default

no way! that is 3 or 4 miles from my house!! Wow, thanks for the update!
DAH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
harleygirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Johnston County BABY!!!
Posts: 19,650
Default

That's lovely.
harleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
bandmom
Senior Member
 
bandmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,529
Default

Skeered me when I saw the headline - my DS works at the one at 4042!!!
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
bandmom
Senior Member
 
bandmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilock76 View Post
They will be caught within 72 hours is my prediction. What a terrible heist plan. I mean there is maybe a couple hundred they got away with from the registers and went in with 3 people with a room it would take more armed to control. No idea who is in the isles with a cellphone. Camera everywhere, tons of people in the parking lot for witnesses usually. After all that at least one of them is getting a charge for Armed Robbery. I hope prison was worth the couple hundred bucks.

Stupid.

Ken
Very stupid!!!
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
God'schild
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilock76 View Post
They will be caught within 72 hours is my prediction. What a terrible heist plan. I mean there is maybe a couple hundred they got away with from the registers and went in with 3 people with a room it would take more armed to control. No idea who is in the isles with a cellphone. Camera everywhere, tons of people in the parking lot for witnesses usually. After all that at least one of them is getting a charge for Armed Robbery. I hope prison was worth the couple hundred bucks.

Stupid.

Ken

I hate to laugh at them cause they just messed up the rest of their lives. But when they get caught, it'll be hard not to!

......idiots...........
God'schild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
rushlow2004
Senior Member
 
rushlow2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Benson
Posts: 2,175
Send a message via Yahoo to rushlow2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmom View Post
Garner Food Lion robbed
www.wral.com

Posted: 58 minutes ago
Raleigh, N.C. Police in Garner are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Tuesday morning at a local grocery store.

Investigators said three men, one with a hand gun and another with a knife, entered the Food Lion at U.S. Highway 401 and Ten Ten Road shortly before 9:30 a.m. They fled on foot after taking cash from a couple registers.

They were last seen headed behind the Food Lion, toward Ten Ten Road.

Exact descriptions of the men, were not immediately available, but anyone with information about the robbery should contact police
My sister used to be a manager at that store..wow...have to call her and see what she knows about it.
Sheri
rushlow2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
browns rule
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by God'schild View Post
I hate to laugh at them cause they just messed up the rest of their lives. But when they get caught, it'll be hard not to!

......idiots...........
I couldn't agree more!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
Sassygurl81
Senior Member
 
Sassygurl81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 236
Send a message via Yahoo to Sassygurl81
Default

I worked there about 6 years ago. We had someone rob us in the middle of the day, but without guns. He ran in took what he wanted and jump in the back of the truck and someone drove off. It was scary.
Sassygurl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
Sassygurl81
Senior Member
 
Sassygurl81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 236
Send a message via Yahoo to Sassygurl81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilock76 View Post
What could one person possibly grab in their arms from Food Lion that could possibly be called a "big score"?!? I mean after all these years have I been overlooking Food Lion's Caviar Isle?!?

Ken
He stole a bunch of meat. Steaks I believe. Stupid I know.
Sassygurl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. 4042.com
4042.com Covers all of Johnston County, NC!

Our areas of interest include Clayton NC, Smithfield NC, Benson NC, Four Oaks NC, and Selma NC.