PRISM TV - CenturyLink - Page 2 - 4042.com Forums

Go Back   4042.com Forums > Johnston County, NC > Discussion Group

Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
Grammie

I have had it for 2 months now and love it. They came when they said and the installation went quick and easy, and the guys made sure you knew what to do before they left. I have had no problems with it at all. And I am saving over 50 a month from dish network. (No I do not work for them)
Grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
JenniferK

My two cents..

We switched to CL before Christmas.

1- When the first bill came, our discounts had not been applied. It took me two phone calls, and about an hour out of my day, but it did get fixed. I have yet to receive my free gift card for switching.

2-Although we certainly get more bang for our buck, I have been having problems with having to turn our router off and on because the internet freezes up about once a week. Now admittedly, I have not called them to have this fixed, mainly because I haven't had a free day to wait for a tech to come out.

FWIW, I think the channel selection is better, and I probably would like the whole package better if I could figure out why my internet keeps freezing.
JenniferK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
4ME2KNOW

There was a lady walking around the neighborhood passing out info on Prism. I called in later and set it up to be installed the 23rd of this month. The first guy we talked to said we would be getting the faster internet (from 1.5Meg currently to 10 Meg), along with the better package for TV. We asked if he could send something in writing as to what we were getting and he said yes. After not receiving anything we called back and the next person said we were not signed up for what we thought we were getting.

We started over with the new rep and "for my trouble" He gave all sorts of discounts. I asked him to type everything we discussed into the notes so I won't have any issues with the first bill. So we shall see! All the reviews I have read say the Prism is awesome and I'm looking forward to it.

Here is the deal I got for 4 TV's

No Installation charges

$161.26 minus discounts = $98.27 for 12 months

Regular Price $65.30 for phone with unlimited Long Distance and internet at 10 MEG
-$15 Discount (Consists of $10 Loyalty discount and $5 any product discount.... If these exist 12 months from now we should still be able to get these discounts if we call.)
Reg Price $69.99 for Prism TV with 4 boxes
-$20 off Prism TV discount
-$13 Prism up complete discount

Reg Price $11.99 for HD on all TV's
-$11.99 Discount HD is FREE for 12 months
$0.00 for 2 boxes
$6.99 Extra Box
$6.99 Extra Box
-$3 Discount off 1 Box

No cancellation fees within 30 day satisfaction guarantee

$100 AMEX Gift Card after completing services for 8 weeks (will come via e-mail)

4ME2KNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Emma Caroline

I would be especially wary of the people walking around. We made the switch several months ago and it was a DISASTER!!! The guy in the neighborhood--we found out later--was a independant marketing rep, not a CL employee. The things he promised us did not happen. The installers did not hook everything up correctly. We ended up with 3 days without phone service. The customer service was horrible. I spent hours tryng to get things fixed. In the three days we had TV and internet the TV had lag and froze up and I felt the internet was slower.

Now we are getting bills for equipment that we gave back to the installer.

I would stay away from them

I have also taken a new life lesson--I do not enter into agreements with people who approach me. If I want to change my TV, etc I will contact the company myself so I know what I am getting comes right from the source.
Emma Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
Emma Caroline

No Installation charges

$161.26 minus discounts = $98.27 for 12 months

Regular Price $65.30 for phone with unlimited Long Distance and internet at 10 MEG
-$15 Discount (Consists of $10 Loyalty discount and $5 any product discount.... If these exist 12 months from now we should still be able to get these discounts if we call.)
Reg Price $69.99 for Prism TV with 4 boxes
-$20 off Prism TV discount
-$13 Prism up complete discount

Reg Price $11.99 for HD on all TV's
-$11.99 Discount HD is FREE for 12 months
$0.00 for 2 boxes
$6.99 Extra Box
$6.99 Extra Box
-$3 Discount off 1 Box

No cancellation fees within 30 day satisfaction guarantee

$100 AMEX Gift Card after completing services for 8 weeks (will come via e-mail)

**********************************************[/quote]

From our experience they told us the same thing--no cancellation fee and if you don't like it we will put everything back the way it was.

They did not and we had to pay $95 to get dish back out to re-hook un the wires because CL did not just disconnect--they cut the wires.

Also you have to drive to fuquay to return equipment.
Emma Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
Harvey

Rule of thumb for me: TV and internet should not cost more than my power bill.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
4ME2KNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Caroline View Post
I have also taken a new life lesson--I do not enter into agreements with people who approach me. If I want to change my TV, etc I will contact the company myself so I know what I am getting comes right from the source.

I completely agree! I told the creepy looking lady that came to my door on New Years Eve...that I would contact the company if I wanted to get more information. With a bit of an attitude, she said well call me so I get the credit! I do not like solicitors coming to my door! (I need to put up a sign!) I was interested in the service, but like you, I know that some of these people will say anything to get their commission because they will not have to deal with it when the customer is really upset on the first bill!!! I don't blame them for getting out there and working for a dollar but it really taints a company reputation when shady salesmen make promises they can't keep.

I hate you had a bad experience. I am hoping that we won't have any problems. We currently have Century Link for internet and phone and I've not had any problems with them at all. We have Dish Network right now and from the reviews I have found Prism is better than Dish or the TERRIBLE TWC ( I have anger issues with them!).

I'll be watching in the first 30 days and will cancel if there are any issues. Fingers crossed there won't be!
4ME2KNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
tassy

Thanks for the input so far!

tassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
Hught

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
Rule of thumb for me: TV and internet should not cost more than my power bill.
Booted cable and satelight TV over a year ago and it really was not that painful!
Hught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #20
hhicshg

Send a message via AIM to hhicshg Send a message via Yahoo to hhicshg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferK View Post

2-Although we certainly get more bang for our buck, I have been having problems with having to turn our router off and on because the internet freezes up about once a week. Now admittedly, I have not called them to have this fixed, mainly because I haven't had a free day to wait for a tech to come out.

Whenever I have had to call about the dsl, I have asked for the tech to call me and allow whatever time needed to get to my house. If the person you are talking to gives you a hard time, just ask them if they don't have a space for remarks and ask that be put in there.
hhicshg is offline   Reply With Quote