PDA

View Full Version : Worst local TV personalities

Buc
09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
My vote is WRAL's Elizabeth Gardner. Hearing that voice so early in the morning can send shivers up my spine!!!

AnnetteL
09-27-2010, 03:18 PM
That's just one of the reasons I'm hoping that Sarah Palin isn't running for President next time around - that voice of hers!

SubMom727
09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
My vote would be for Kim Deaner (sp?) on WRAL. I detest that high nasal whinney voice! JMHO!

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY
09-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Bill Leslie - it's just weird when he sings to Elizabeth Gardner's unborn baby....

pocahontas
09-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I have two that I can't stand...Brian Shrader with the traffic reports on WRAL, although he has improved since he started...and Dan Eaton (cooking with Dan on New14 Carolina with TWC) Both of them make me cringe.

Grinder
09-27-2010, 05:03 PM
My vote would be for Kim Deaner (sp?) on WRAL. I detest that high nasal whinney voice! JMHO!

But being the guy that i am, i think she is way gorgeous. Best looking news type person around.

Harvey
09-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Thank goodness Mark Roberts is gone from the news, but now we have to see him on car commercials.

AnnetteL
09-27-2010, 06:35 PM
On channel 17,the guy that does 'Pintsized' sports,whatever his name is,he's way to annoying!

CraigSPL
09-27-2010, 07:15 PM
But being the guy that i am, i think she is way gorgeous. Best looking news type person around.

Kinda partial to Barbara Gibbs myself...:lol:

Grinder
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Hrm...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7VADGWM93dM/SSMHwiEauRI/AAAAAAAAAZA/8AgVHCJEoNM/s320/Barbara+Gibbs+%281%29.jpg

and

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/wral-tv/2006/10/22/1043992/Kim_Deaner-363x485.jpg

Tough call, for sure....but ill take Kim

Mr.X
09-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Greg Fishel and his 80's center hair part, he is too geeky to be believed

michelle
09-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Greg Fishel and his 80's center hair part, he is too geeky to be believed

:iagree: and I also don't care for Mark Roberts.

nsanemom22
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I have two that I can't stand...Brian Shrader with the traffic reports on WRAL, although he has improved since he started...and Dan Eaton (cooking with Dan on New14 Carolina with TWC) Both of them make me cringe.

I agree with Dan Eaton. He' just.. different. And the lady weather forcaster, Pati Darak. I swear she was drunk on there one day... she had to have been on something, maybe a little too much Nyquil ;) EVreeeTHING! sheSAID! wasREEEALY! DRAWN!OUT! and exAAAAGGERATED! Sounded like she was purposely trying not to slur. lol And she was animated to beat the band. I'm used to seeing her and she was really unusual acting that day. Maybe she was trynna impress some big wheels that showed up at the studio lol I dunno.. Funny to watch while it lasted.

dgsatman
09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Is Brian Schrader the traffic guy the same one that does the segment about food with a woman whose name escapes me? If they are one and the same then.... as a traffic guy he's okay (as opposed to Mark Roberts who I can't stand), and I see just a regular guy, but the person who does the food segment at times comes off as FABULOUS!!!!!......not that there's anything wrong with THAT! (Think Seinfeld) :lol:

nsanemom22
09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah, same guy. ..

GarnerGirl2000
09-28-2010, 09:47 AM

She always looks like she has marshmellows stuffed in her cheeks when she talks, maybe its a mint or gum?!?

pocahontas
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM
She always looks like she has marshmellows stuffed in her cheeks when she talks, maybe its a mint or gum?!?

chewing tobacco :lol:

harleygirl
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Barbara Gibbs looks like a snobby .... <beep> :lol:

turtlepits
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Amanda Lamb....WRAL...... she looks like a skeleton. Seen her in person and she looks even worse than on TV. Scary looking lady!!

Ima Sheltie
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank goodness Mark Roberts is gone from the news, but now we have to see him on car commercials.:iagree:

At least the car commercials are few and far between.

sacosta
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Remember Stacey Horst from Time Warner News 14 a few years back.

Now that is one hot women! The only thing wrong with her is that she left the station.

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00235043.jpg

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY
09-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Remember Stacey Horst from Time Warner News 14 a few years back.

Now that is one hot women! The only thing wrong with her is that she left the station.

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00235043.jpg

LOL - look at the cancellation notice - It looks like someone from The Wolf Web submitted it to Channel 14 before they censored the listings.

Harvey
09-28-2010, 02:21 PM
:iagree:

At least the car commercials are few and far between.

Could be a lot fewer and farther for me.

My all time favorite was Donna Gregory.

sacosta
09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
LOL - look at the cancellation notice - It looks like someone from The Wolf Web submitted it to Channel 14 before they censored the listings.

Dang, I didn't even notice that. That's hilarious!

LansingDr
09-28-2010, 02:54 PM
:iagree:

about Amanda "Skeletor" Lamb..haha

Jester
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
David Crabtree seems like he'd be a peculiar fellow, but there's really none that come to mind that are detestable to me. Bill Leslie seems way too happy all the time, but maybe he truly is. Who can fault a guy whose happy? The only time I've seen him [Leslie} visibly shaken was when he lost Lynda Loveland as his morning co-anchor to WRAL-FM. He seemed to really like working with her and I could tell it was a sad time for him to see her go. Somebody mentioned the "pintsized" sports guy...can't remember...is that the tall younger guy with the first name "Penn?" He's a real friendly guy. I had a chance to meet the NBC-17 morning crew once. All of them were really nice.

My favorite TV news personality would probably be TWC14's Claudene Chalfont. Since she does the news for the Triangle area, I guess she's local, but I'm not really sure if it's taped in Raleigh or Charlotte. She was the very first anchor for Time Warner Cable when they started out in the Raleigh market.

HidesinOBX
09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Fred Anderson at the Toyota place is one hot studly! Ohhh la laaa...he makes me hot! :ack:

Rockyv58
09-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Barbara Gibbs looks like a snobby .... <beep> :lol:

Barbara I could take or leave but I always thought Amber Rupinta was a little hottie MMM MMM MMM :)

Rockyv58
09-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Amanda Lamb....WRAL...... she looks like a skeleton. Seen her in person and she looks even worse than on TV. Scary looking lady!!

Yea I thought I was the only one who thought she looked like a skeleton.

bosoxfan
09-28-2010, 05:40 PM
David Crabtree seems like he'd be a peculiar fellow, but there's really none that come to mind that are detestable to me. Bill Leslie seems way too happy all the time, but maybe he truly is. Who can fault a guy whose happy? The only time I've seen him [Leslie} visibly shaken was when he lost Lynda Loveland as his morning co-anchor to WRAL-FM. He seemed to really like working with her and I could tell it was a sad time for him to see her go. Somebody mentioned the "pintsized" sports guy...can't remember...is that the tall younger guy with the first name "Penn?" He's a real friendly guy. I had a chance to meet the NBC-17 morning crew once. All of them were really nice.

My favorite TV news personality would probably be TWC14's Claudene Chalfont. Since she does the news for the Triangle area, I guess she's local, but I'm not really sure if it's taped in Raleigh or Charlotte. She was the very first anchor for Time Warner Cable when they started out in the Raleigh market.

Can't blame him there.

Rockyv58
09-28-2010, 05:41 PM
But no one has mentioned Tom Smith. Though his commercials are few and far between since he got his own dealership. His voice still grates on me. Like nails on a chalk board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psm3MYDFFJs

Polkadots
09-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, we definitely know who are the men (or the women who like other women) on here because all they want to talk about is how hot the women tv newscasters are when the title of the thread is "WORST local TV personalities...

AWmom
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I think the black lady on ABC 11 (night news) is a total ditz! She's says the most strangest things while trying to be funny. She co-anchors with SteveDaniels.